As you know, Lapidus is run by a small band of volunteers who give many hundreds of hours of our time because we believe in writing for wellbeing. We want to bring people and communities together, to bring hope, challenge and enjoyment and to offer opportunities for self-development and healing through writing and words.
Historically, our major challenge has been lack of money to do all that we want to do for our membership and expand our services. And this is why we are raising our subscription fees from April 2021 to £55 per year. The rise will only take place when you renew your membership for next year.
Throughout 2020, we were able to keep spirits up during the pandemic by offering regular mini-festivals which were free and fun. We want to keep offering these events and a lot more this year and, in order to do this we need to raise more cash. This will enable us to grow and develop as an organisation and offer the following benefits to our members in 2021:
- - Free networking events to bring members together during the lockdown
- - A free Facebook group Lapidus Living Research Community for people interested in research related to writing for wellbeing, with speakers every month and opportunities for you to present your own research in a well- supported forum
- - Two other Facebook groups with information about opportunities, jobs, grants and free advertising for your workshops and other events
- - The Lapidus International Journal, a free outlet for your writings which is re-commencing publication this year
- - Archive access to all past Lapidus International Journals.
- - The scholarly peer reviewed Lapidus International Research Innovation Community Journal (LIRIC)
- - Our Creative Bridges conference with top names and innovative workshops
- - Special rates on insurance for your own workshops and group work
- - A free event on May 22nd to start celebrating Lapidus’ 25th birthday year
- - A monthly newsletter with free opportunities to publicise your own groups via email, Facebook and through our website
- - A chance to join regional, national and international writing for wellbeing groups
- - The experience of being part of our wonderful writing for wellbeing TRIBE!