The new Lapidus Magazine is published online in a magazine format offering a platform for Lapidus members and others in the world of writing for wellbeing. It is a place to share ideas, challenges and successes. There is a Creative Space for original creative writing from our members and a Breathing Space for all things wellbeing. We’ll bring news to you internationally, nationally and regionally from Lapidus members and others involved in therapeutic writing and arts. Colour photos, films and illustrations will create a fresh and visually appealing publication.
Submissions are currently closed for the Lapidus Magazine
You may like to consider the following areas:
- Projects you have been involved with, as practitioners or participants.
- Letters and reflections on articles in the magazine
- Podcasts and videos by practitioners in the field
- Poems with commentary on the work, in written or video format. Please note that we cannot accept stand-alone poetry as this is not a literary magazine. Poems will be published in the context of therapeutic writing reflections and practice.
- Training, supervision and professional development in the field.
- Activities that you have engaged with or facilitated during a workshop.
- Sharing your successes and your challenges.
- Creative work and memoir that has come out of writing for wellbeing.
- ‘Survivor-led’ writings and reflections
- Reviews of recent books and creative publications.
- Other wellbeing activities that you integrate into your practice or undertake yourself.
If you have an idea not covered here, please do get in touch for a chat.
We are also looking for images for the new publication. Each edition will feature a front cover image and there will also be space inside for members’ artwork. If you have any photographs, illustrations, films or artworks that have associations with writing for wellbeing and that you’d be happy to share with us, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for original in-depth features of up to 2000 words and shorter articles/reviews of up to 500 words. Please send all written submissions in .docx format.
We are looking for original artwork for which you hold copyright. Please supply digitally in .png or .jpg format.
Please also provide a short biography about yourself of up to no more than 100 words.
If your article submission is research-based then you may consider submitting it to our sister publication the LIRIC Journal.
If your submission is time-limited, such as publicity for an event or upcoming workshop, then we will forward this on to the monthly Lapidus Newsletter.