Call for Submissions - Lapidus International Journal 2019
We would like to invite you to support articles and creative work to the next edition of the Lapidus International Journal. All input is welcome - research, articles, reports, advice, creative writing, knowledge sharing and more. Our guidelines are below. Deadline March 31st.
- - Keep text to 1500 words
- - Provide your name, role, and the title of the piece
- - Include a 100 word bio
- - Include a 100 word abstract
Lapidus International Style Guide
- - Article titles and headings: Headline style (capital/lowercase). Capitalize only the first word and proper names e.g. A reflective piece on writing, not A Reflective Piece On Writing.
- - Titles within a text should be in italics. e.g. I loved reading Pride & Prejudice.
- - Use single quotes for speech. e.g. ‘Gosh,’ said Dora. ‘This is great.’ not “Gosh,” said Dora.
- Write single digit numbers in words, and those 10 and above in figures. e.g. one, seven, 10, 78. Exceptions are in percentages.
- - Write % not percent.
- - Put a space before and after hyphens and slashes.
- - One space after full stops.
- - Use th or nd after dates. Write as September 22th 2019, not 22 Sept, or any other way.
- - When abbreviating use periods. e.g. e.g. not eg, ml. not ml, Dr. not dr
- - Use Harvard referencing – in the text refer to the name of the author and the year in brackets. e.g. Baker (2019) said that ‘bla bla bla.’ In the reference list use this format Last name, First Initial. (Year published). Title. City: Publisher, Page(s).
- - Wellbeing is one word.
- - If using an acronym write it in full first, then the letters in brackets. e.g. The World Health Organisation (WHO) report that…
- - We like Oxford commas.
We look forward to reading your submissions!