This workshop will provide an introduction to the use of creative writing as a tool for therapists. Writing for well-being is about creative writing as a gently explorative and developmental process that can be used specifically for enhancing well-being.
We will consider the following:
- What writing for well-being is, its benefits and uses
- Using it safely and constructively
- Potential problems and how to prevent them
- Practical examples of exercises, such as, flow and cluster writing, using metaphor, writing from pictures, poetry and other prompts plus basic journaling techniques
- How therapists can use writing for well-being to benefit themselves as well as their clients
- This workshop is experiential and attendees should be willing to participate in a variety of writing for well-being activities.
You will need to bring with you a notebook and pen.
Hot drinks and biscuits will be provided.
You will need to provide your own lunch or purchase it from the wide variety of local shops and cafes that are situated close to the venue.
Creative Writing as a Tool for Therapists
Thursday 8th March 2018
10am – 4pm
Psychosynthesis Trust, 92-94 Tooley Street, London Bridge, London SE1 2TH